Scott H. Dunnagan
- North Carolina State Bar
- U.S. District Court – Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation Section Member
- Wake County Bar Association
- Tenth Judicial District Bar Association
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D.
- BarBri Award for Academic Excellence and Service, 2008
- Obtained summary judgments for $3 million dollars against debtor and guarantors on behalf of trade creditor for unpaid monies due under promissory notes. Of note, the judgments were the 17th largest in North Carolina in 2015 based on those reported in Layer Weekly.
- Obtained payment for various subcontractors each in excess of $100,000.00 on claims against general contractor and land owner for failure to pay subcontractor for construction labor on commercial building project.
- Tried to final decision well over fifty litigated cases before the North Carolina Industrial Commission, involving a wide variety of disputed issues including jurisdiction, injury by accident, occupational disease, disability, medical causation, liens, and fraud.
- Achieved favorable results for uninsured employers on claims and penalty actions before the North Carolina Industrial Commission.
- Representation of clients in State and Federal courts in lawsuits involving third party workers’ compensation liens.
- Offer professional advice and advocacy to employees and employers with employment law concerns, including review of employment contracts, employment benefits, discrimination, termination of employment, severance agreements, non-compete agreements, wage and hour claims, and family and medical leave claims.
- Extensive experience working with condominium and homeowners associations throughout the state, including collection of dues, interpretation of documents, resolving disputes with homeowner(s), and drafting governing documents. Of note, served as Vice Chair for Community Association Practice Group for one of the largest defense firms in North Carolina.
- Assist landlords and tenants in the review, negotiation and drafting of leases.
- Provide personal consultation for a variety of needs within business law, such as selecting the proper entity for the business and establishing the entity.
- Representation of secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases.
- Representation of creditors in preference litigation.